International Students: What to bring to uni
Now the excitement has started to kick in that you're going to university VERY soon, it's time to think about what to pack!
It can be tempting to bring everything you own, but you only need the essentials. To make your life a little easier, here is a list of all the main things you need to pack...
- Check how much baggage allowance you have before you begin.
- Pack lightly - Uni rooms can be small with limited storage and so travel light if you can.
- Don't buy lots of expensive stuff - Most things that you use will just last for one year, so don't worry about spending a lot of money. You can buy most things once you arrive in the UK at inexpensive shops like Argos, Wilkos and Ikea.
- Check what the university is providing - double check what will be in your bedroom and kitchen once you arrive to save time and money.
Here are things you MUST remember:
• CAS document
• IELTS certificate
• Transcript/ certificate from your school (this may need to be translated)
• University acceptance offer
• Accommodation confirmation
• Tuberculosis test results
It might be worth making a copy of all your documentation just in case!
- Medication (you may be able to get this in the UK) and don't forget to register with a UK doctor
- Travel adapter
Most other items can be bought once you arrive:
- Bedding (mattress protector, pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Warm clothes
- Sports kit
- Cleaning items
- Kitchen utensils
- Waterproof raincoat, this is Britain after all...
- Coffee, tea, mugs, food
There are also things that you CAN'T bring to uni:
- Rice cookers or chip fryers
- Candles, incense sticks, tea lights
- Smoking equipment, such as pipes and ashtrays
- Dartboards or weapons of any kind (real or replicas - please don't bring them)
Keep an eye on Government guidance for what you will need to do before and once you arrive regarding the coronavirus.
Time to start packing!
- Darllen Nesaf
- Gweithdai Dydd Mercher Lles Gweithgaredd dod i adnabod eich gilydd yn eich fflat Byw ar Gampws y Gogledd Sut i wneud ffrindiau yn y Brifysgol Beth i’w bacio ar gyfer y brifysgol Perlau Cudd Caerdydd Bwyta'n Dda i Deimlo'n Dda: Awgrymiadau i Leddfu Straen Arholiadau Pump Ffordd i Ymlacio Lliwiau a Lles Tri ffordd o wella ein bywyd
- Sut i wneud ffrindiau yn y Brifysgol Gweithgaredd dod i adnabod eich gilydd yn eich fflat Ble y dylid prynu eitemau hanfodol Aros yn ddiogel mewn preswylfeydd gyda COVID Cael eich cloi allan, a sut i osgoi hynny Gweithdai Dydd Mercher Lles Canllaw Llys Cartwright Sut i...lanhau eich fflat Sut i...olchi dillad Pethau i'w cofio mewn neuaddau